MSC BANK Awards Creditworthy Co-operative Institutions
In the age of competition, it has become imperative for MSC Bank to charge differential rates of interest depending on creditworthiness of its client institutions. For all cooperative societies from a particular sector were charged the same rate of interest irrespective of the quality of the asset. The Bank therefore, embarked on an extensive credit rating programme based on financial parameters of the borrower and its technical and managerial competitiveness.
The factors that were considered and the weightage afforded to each of these factors varied with the type of institution e.g. DCC Bank, Urban Coop. Banks, Sahakari Sakhar Karkhanas, Processing Societies and Service Societies. Cut-off points were determined for each sector and 1 % rebate in the rate of interest offered to them depending on the facilities already enjoyed by them during the year 2008-09.
The parameters considered and the winning institutions are listed below.
Parameters: Turnover, CRAR, gross NPA, profit and loss, CD ratio, management cost, maintenance of SLR, single/group exposure, recovery percentage, compliance with terms and conditions, capacity utilisation. Net worth, compliance with margin money requirement, sugar recovery (percentage), cane availability from area of operation and cane growers, planning for future and regularity in repayment of the Bank loan / other financial institutions are the prominent parameters considered for rating.
Winning institutions: Based on the above parameters, 21 good borrowing units were selected.
These units were felicitated by awarding certificates on the occasion of 98 th AGM of the Bank held on 14 th November, 2009 which was chaired by Hon. Chairman Shri Manikrao Patil. The prominent directors present were Hon. Minister, Shri Ajitdada Pawar, Shri Vijaysinh Mohite-Patil, Among the others, co-operators, present for the occasion were Vice-Chairman, Shri Balasaheb Sarnaik, members of the Board of Directors of the Bank, Managing Director and distinguished invitees.
1) Maharashtra Rajya Sahakari Adivasi Vikas Mahamandal Ltd., Nasik
2) S.B.I. Employees Credit Co-op. Societies, Nagpur
3) Vidarbha Region LIC Employees Co-op Sty; Nagpur:
1) Shri Shahu Chatrapati SSK Ltd., Kagal, Dist:Kolhapur,
2) Shri Sant Tukaram SSK Ltd., Kasarsai, Dist:Pune,
3) Bhima SSK Ltd; Takli Sikander, Dist:Solapur
4) Ghodganga SSK ltd; Dist Pune
5)Shri Vitthal SSK Ltd,., Gursale. Dist Solapur
6) Samarth SSK Ltd., Ankushnagar, Dist:Jalna,
1) Mansing Co-op Bank Ltd., Dudhondi, Dist:Sangli,
2) Sanmati Sahakari Bank Ltd., Ichalkaranji, Dist: Kolhapur
3) Sundarlal Savji Urban Co-op. Bank Ltd., Jintur, Dist:Parbhani
4) Ravi Commercial Urban Co-op Bank Ltd., Nagpur.
5) The Jalgaon Janta Sah. Bank Ltd; Jalgaon
6)Navi Mumbai Co-op Bank Ltd; Vashi, Navi Mumbai,
7) The Greater Bombay Co-op. Bank Ltd; Mumbai
8) Neval Dockyard Co-op Bank Ltd; Mumbai
9) The Muncipal Co-op Bank Ltd; Mumbai :1) Satara DCCB, 2) Sindhudurg DCCB 3) Solapur DCCB;